Sunday, February 13, 2011

Feel the Love



I went to my first wedding of the year the other day and I just had to tell you how much weddings make me smile. I love everything about them.


I even love wrapping the gift that I take. This is strange since I hate wrapping and where every year I think I am going to learn to love wrapping each and every gift I give ...I don't. More times than not I run at the last minute into my stash of used gift bags and stuff the gift inside....hoping they won't notice I am using a Happy Birthday bag for housewarming gift.


But weddings are different...I'm not sure why but I want my gift to be beautiful both inside and out. I imagine the bride smiling as she sees it...once again helping her to feel special during this very special time.


How do I do it...it's easy....use real ribbon. You know what I mean...the stuff your mom would use to tie in your hair. There is something about real ribbon that just makes it not only look special, but feel special.


I also like to add a fresh flower to the top of the gift. I usally just go around the neighborhood and see what I can find to clip. Once again...so much better than a smashed bow that has been used over and over...hmmm guess you can use a new bow but that never seems like an option at my house.


The other thing that I always try to do when it comes to wedding gifts.....put the card inside the gift. Gifts can often be moved around a lot at a wedding but many different people....your bride and groom will love you for your thoughtfulness of making their lives easier.


What are your gift wrapping tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment