Friday, February 18, 2011

My Ugly Lamps

I went to the Habitat for Humanity Resale shop yesterday. I don't go there often but it is a great place to find what you didn't know you needed. I once bought a french door for $5.00. Mr. Amazing doubted me, but we replaced the front door of our rental house with it. Worked perfectly and really brought in a lot more light.

Well, yesterday they were having a yard sale. This is the stuff they had that they didn't think was good enough to be in their store.

Look what I got!


Yes...I know...they are really ugly...my best friend even referred to them as "butt ugly" today. But they were only $2.00 a piece! I couldn't buy the inside parts for that.

So here is my vision...I would like to paint them white. Not just white, but I want them to have depth to them...you know...like glass tile has...


Sorry for the blurry photo - my camera didn't want to cooperate. I hope you can imagine the look I am envisioning.

So this is where I need your help. I don't know how to paint these lamps so they look like glass tile.

Oh and by the way, the lamps are ceramic.

If you know how, please tell me. If you have another idea for the lamps, I'm open to suggestions...just in case I can't figure out how to execute my vision.

Thanks in advance for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment