Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sew Up Some Fun


Please excuse the picture....for some reason it didn't turn out very good, but the project was perfect.

If you have a child that you want to teach how to sew, may I suggest the good old fashioned bean bag.

I cut 4 and a half inch squares out of some scrap fabric...I like this size because it works well for little hands to catch.

I used soft flannel...it feels really good... but you can use whatever you have.

Then simply sew up the edges... don't forget to leave a side open to fill. I like using rice instead of beans because it's not as lumpy. Be sure not to fill it too full.....you want the bags a bit limp.

Then hand stich the opening closed and go play some catch.

A quick, inexpensive project that can produce hours of fun....it doesn't get much better than that.

Now if you'll please excuse me, I'm off to decorate my future grandson's nursery today! Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment