Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Making a List...

My father was a hard worker...but he was not a project person. If a room was blue and it didn't need painting, why would you ever even consider painting it yellow????

Me and my Dad, circa 1963?
For the most part my dear mother was okay with this. She just learned for the most part to do things herself but every once in a while I would hear her ask my father to do something on which he would always respond, "Put it on the list."
It wasn't until I was a teen that I wondered just where the list was. Of course there wasn't one...it was my dad's way of saying...I'll get to it when I get to it.


I did not marry my father...my husband is always looking for something to do and it didn't take long for us to realize that to keep peace in the family there needed to be a real life list.




Many times before the creation of the list, I would find him working on something like polishing the car when I was hoping to have the bathroom painted before my dinner party next week. He was working hard...on something that needed done but just not done right now. Soon tempers would flare...


Now we have a list...if something is really important and needs to be done right away for some reason then I put a star beside it.


My husband now finds great satisfaction when he can cross something off the list knowing he made his wife a happy camper...


Are you a list person? Is your spouse?

No comments:

Post a Comment